The Guest Service Agent interacts with our guests and ensures they have a great experience when they stay at the property. Responsible for responding to guest calls or inquiries about room reservations, to provide information and reserve rooms for guests coming to the property. The Guest Service Agent will continue the arrival experience by ensuring clear communication with guests, obtaining all necessary information and providing the guest a room that meets their expectations. Well versed in promotions, events, pricing, and sales strategy to meet the guest’s request.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer incoming calls within three rings with appropriate greeting and assist with reservations, confirmations, and room need requests. Explain products, service and other information about the property as requested.
- Sell, process, enter and confirm room reservations using selling techniques and strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of current property events, activities, and hours of operation as well as dining options currently available. Ensure all brand required training is completed as directed.
- Greet guests warmly and perform registration procedures. Provide guests with appropriate room assignment, room keys, and directions to the room, while up-selling when appropriate.
- Verify payment for stay including incidental costs by obtaining credit information.
- Assist guests with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction. Use supervisor support when necessary.
- Meet brand standards in training, service and other requirements imposed by the franchise.
- Maintain accurate logs of mail, packages, parcels or other items for guest delivery.
- Accurate accounting of cash bank assigned to each agent.
- Facilitate guest departures providing accurate statements and ensuring guest satisfaction and collecting all payments due. Post charges to guest accounts as designated.
- A professional appearance and demeanor required. A uniform and nametag are required at all times.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.