Seneca Falls, NY
Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts. May order supplies, keep
records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure
safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
• Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills,
and roasters. Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new
items, and rotating stock.
• Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking. Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment
and experience. Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen
utensils and equipment.
• Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or guests.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting,
smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
• Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption
• A professional appearance required. A uniform and nametag are required at all times.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Strong understanding of the kitchen operations and have knowledge about ingredients and kitchen equipment;
basic math and measurement skills. Two to three years’ prior kitchen experience. Excellent customer service
skills. Pleasant and helpful personality. Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Must
speak fluent English. Depending on business demands this individual may be asked to work additional hours,
flexible schedule, and/or perform additional job responsibilities. Will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, and
pull throughout the shift.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work
being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.