Seneca Falls, NY 13148
Salary: $15.00 /hour
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for routine and preventative maintenance for building and the overall upkeep and maintenance of the hotel. Work with staff and guests to ensure satisfaction, take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair malfunctions in (e.g. HVAC, plumbing) and other hotel equipment.
- Perform maintenance of all building facilities and systems including electrical systems, heating, ventilation, and cooling systems, boilers, water and plumbing systems etc.
- Maintains physical product standards and conducts ongoing room preventative maintenance programs
- Inspect property to identify potential and current needs. Maintains maintenance logs
- Review maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work
- Ensure proper care and use of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Is familiar with and complies with all relevant OSHA, state and local safety and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others are trained in same.
- Services the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters.
- In collaboration with the General Manager, estimate department expenditures for budget purposes and assisting with the capital budget process and protects the interest of the hotel during capital projects
- Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals. Once contractor is selected and employed, ensuring work is completed to specifications.
- Ensures employee involvement in preventive maintenance programs.
- Maintains the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, pressure washing, painting).
- A professional appearance required. A uniform and nametag are required at all times.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired. Two years’ previous experience preferred. Must have working knowledge of air conditioning, plumbing, carpentry, electrical skills, preventive maintenance procedures and reasonable understanding of building equipment and hand tools. Knowledge of safety requirements and basic math is also a must. Excellent customer service skills. Pleasant and helpful personality. Maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Must speak fluent English. Depending on business demands this individual may be asked to work additional hours, flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and/or holidays and/or perform additional job responsibilities as required. Will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, and pull throughout the shift. Will be pushing and pulling items weighing up to 300 lbs. Basic Computer skill – Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, is required. We are a drug free workplace.