Bradenton, FL 34211
Interacts with our guests and ensures they have a great experience when they stay at the property. Responsible for responding to guest calls or inquiries about room reservations, to provide information and reserve rooms for guests coming to the property. Continue the arrival experience by ensuring clear communication with guests, obtaining all necessary information and providing the guest a room that meets their expectations. Well versed in promotions, events, pricing, and sales strategy to meet the guest’s request. Ensures that all receipts, cash and reservations have been reconciled on the day’s business record.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet, register and assign rooms to guests. Make and confirm reservations. Deposit guests’ valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box. Check out guests and inquire about their stay.
- Transmit and receive telephone messages and set up guest wake-up calls. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts.
- Compute bill, collect payment, and make change for guests. Post charges such as room, food, or telephone to guest folio. Balance all cash drawers, credit card and miscellaneous receipts for the day as well as City/Guest/Cash/Advance Deposit ledgers. Audit work of all Guest Service Agents for the day.
- Ensure correct posting of charges to guests’ rooms including but not limited to: room and tax charges.
- Prepare and distribute Daily Revenue Reports and other reports as required.
- Where appropriate will prepare and setup coffee and breakfast. May restock sundry area.
- Where appropriate will assist with laundry duties.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and inform management of any unsafe conditions.
- A professional appearance required. A uniform and nametag are required at all times.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Two years previous auditor experience preferred. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and use a calculator. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Excellent customer service skills. Pleasant and helpful personality. Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Must speak fluent English. Depending on business demands this individual may be asked to work additional hours, flexible schedule, and/or perform additional job responsibilities. Will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, and pull throughout the shift. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment, is required. We are a drug free workplace.