The Laundry Attendant is responsible for cleaning, drying, folding, and storing all linens in accordance with hotel standards using laundry machinery. Create a special home away from home experience for all our guests by understanding their needs and working hard to satisfy those needs by providing exceptional guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspect dirty laundry for stains/tears before washing. Remove from inventory stained and damaged items.
• Adjust washers & dryers for proper settings. Identify and treat stains.
• Load washers with soiled linens. Unload washers with clean, wet linen.
• Take inventory of linens, stock shelves and housekeeping carts with clean folded linen. Issue towels, linen, service towels/rags as required.
• Fold and store clean dry towels, washcloths, sheets, pillowcases, napkins, tablecloths.
• Measure laundry chemicals as required. Refill/replenish laundry chemicals.
• Sweep floor after sorting linens, or as needed. Maintain a clean and orderly work area and storage areas.
• Remove lint and debris from dryer screens, dry cleaning filters, and drain trap after each load
• Report to supervisor faulty equipment, maintenance needs, safety and security hazards and problems.
• Report all “lost and found” items according to standard.
• Approach all encounters with guest and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Comply with Company, hotel, and brand standards and regulations to encourage a safe and efficient hotel operation. Complete maintenance requisitions as required.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
• Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
• Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
• A professional appearance and demeanor required. A uniform and nametag are required at all times.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.