Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized maintenance shop, for the security of hotel inventory and assets such as: tools, supplies, furniture, fixtures and equipment. Perform preventive and regular maintenance and repairs to all areas of the hotel. Show guests that they are important and make them feel at ease by taking time to acknowledge them in a friendly way. Familiarize yourself with all the services in the hotel and the local area to answer any questions and give guests what they need to find their own way. Take ownership and play your part in getting things done to make things easier for guests by doing as much in advance and multi-tasking when you need to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with General Manager, conduct regular inspection of all electrical, mechanical and other equipment of the facility.
- Understand and respond to guest needs and ensure a high level of satisfaction.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system.
- Conduct ongoing room preventive maintenance program, performing preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis, to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests (i.e. lighting, refrigeration, heating, AC, water treatment systems and pools).
- Comply with the industry standards and safety regulations of the position.
- In coordination with General Manager, maintain all records of the repair and preventive maintenance work conducted at the facility and complete maintenance logs.
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures, such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters if needed.
- Complete minor repairs such as replacing filters, fixing lighting, patching walls, pipes, motors, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc.
- Efficiently manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- A professional appearance required. A uniform and nametag are required at all times.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.