Our philosophy is to satisfy and delight our Guests, to support our Team Members, and to pursue Excellence in all we do. As our House Person you will reflect our values by providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests stay. You will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and general appearance of public areas, corridors, entrances, and pool area of the hotel. Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Identify, report and provide preventative or other maintenance needs in public areas or guest rooms. Post caution signs. Contact other departments directly for urgent repairs. Deliver guest requests and set up furniture items in guest and meeting rooms as requested. Remove items from hallways and transport to service areas, including debris, unread newspapers, soiled linens, and trash placed near Housekeeper carts. Clean, maintain, and store cleaning equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain shelf organization in the storerooms. Replenish storeroom supplies.
- Clean furniture, elevators, glass, planters, etc. in public areas such as lobby, pool and public restrooms.
- Sweep and vacuum floors, hallways, stairwells, breakfast and common areas.
- Report maintenance problems and complete work repair orders.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Spot clean walls, carpets, light fixtures, etc. replace light bulbs in lamps or bathroom fixtures in all common areas
- Deliver special request items such as cribs to guest rooms.
- Pick up trash from parking lot and garden areas and transport trash and waste to disposal area.
- Set up and clean meeting rooms and clean business center
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Perform routine maintenance requests; clogged drains, sinks, toilets, change lights, snow or debris removal from the sidewalks, etc.
- Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, removing rubbish.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and both Charter One and brand standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- A professional appearance and demeanor required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.